Update on Mike & Keila’s Trip to the USA

Mission Padamo/ August 6, 2013/ News/ 1 comments

Dear praying friends,

Yesterday, about 8 AM, while walking into the airport at Puerto Ayacucho, I scraped my hand in passing on a door with some grease on it. There is never any water in the bathrooms, so I don’t even know what I was thinking by heading to the bathroom…but there I went. Wonder of wonders there was actually a spigot with water running out of it! (Hey, we take nothing for granted down here!) I was very pleasantly surprised, and even said a heart felt “thank you. I ever remember thinking, “well, it is going to be a good day today! Starting good!”

I was starting to rethink that by 4 PM when the plane still had not arrived. “Well, at least they have not canceled it yet,” I told Keila, “I sure would hate to have to go by bus!” Just about that time, I heard another passenger telling a group of other passengers that the flight had returned to Caracas with mechanical problems and the flight was canceled. Keila and I bowed our heads and asked God to somehow work out the details. Some time later, it was announced that the flight was back on, and would be departing shortly. Finally, we were told the plane had just left, and to make a long story short, we finally made it to the apartment in Catia about 9 PM! Whew, long day.

So today, while at the US embassy in Caracas I had reason to remember all that had happened yesterday, when I had gone in to wash my hands and there was actually water coming out of the spigot, (remember, an occurrence so rare as to suggest Divine intervention) and I had taken it as a sign that the day was going to “go good.” Little did I know how good that day had been, and yes, how much Divine intervention had in fact taken place!

Now, here is the rest of the story… This morning, it was announced on the news that the Puerto Ayacucho airport is closed to normal traffic as our president and the president of Colombia are holding a series of meetings there. No flights in or out of there today! And while at the embassy, I noticed a sign saying that the US embassy is going to be closed both Wednesday and Thursday. So all of a sudden, the significance of that flight being put back on is huge! If we would not have picked up Mia’s passport today, we would not have been able to pick it up at the embassy until Friday! Praise the Lord and thank you all for your prayers for us!

I understand that in the long scheme of things, our travels are pretty “small potatoes.” But how comforting to know that we can trust God with the smallest details. Thanks for your prayers as we continue to trust HIM to get the rest of our journey behind us. We currently have reservations on Wednesday’s Delta flight. They were the only three seats available until the middle of next week. Pray we can finalize the deal and get those seats! Thanks again for your prayers!

Michael and Keila and Mia

Share this Post

1 Comment

  1. Look forward to your Providence Bible Church, Culpeper, Virginia visit on 9 October, 2016 (morning service 10:00AM-11:30)

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *